Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 48: Daylight Savings


As usual when at a caravan park, I got up at 7:30 to go for a run before packing and getting back on the river... It was freezing and I developed a headache from an ear problem I had been suffering for the last couple of days (felt like when you land in an airplane and there is a pressure problem... but only in one ear). When I got back, I went to the front desk to find out what to do, but even though I had been gone an hour and the reception opens at 8:30... nobody was there. It turned out that the clocks were all turned back an hour that night. Hmmm....
Anyway, instead of leaving at 10:00 as is our usual from a town, we waited until 11:00 so I could visit a pharmacy and get a little help. Although the pharmacy counter at Priceline was closed, the pharmacist drove in from Paringa (neighboring town) and was able to fix me up with a solution (which now, 3 days later, seems to be working).
Shortly after setting off, we passed though another lock (Lock 6 or 7?). Dirk rather enjoyed this one as there was a kind of drop, like paddling down a hill and then the waters were churning like mini-rapids. Fun... but wet.
We camped at about 6:00, our regular time, but because of the daylight savings, it got dark quickly... so it was already pitch black by the time we were ready for dinner and we had to cook by a combination of campfire light and flashlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment